Minutes of December 14, 2018 Board Meeting
The regular meeting of the Yaak School Board of Trustees was called to order by Chairperson, Pam Fuqua, at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, December 14, 2018 at the Yaak School. Pam opened the meeting and stated that the meeting was being recorded.
Trustees Present: Pam Fuqua, Trish Lauer and Sandy Beder-Miller
Others Present: Diane Downey, District Clerk, and Bill Sullivan.
The minutes from the November 14, 2018 board meeting were reviewed. Trish moved that the September minutes be accepted as presented, Sandy seconded and Pam concurred.
- Shower in the teacherage needs resealed. Craig with do this over the winter break along with the leaking drain pipe under kitchen sink
- Fire Marshall made the annual walk through. It was brought to our attention that the lockout doors needed to be reconfigured to meet State requirements. Craig has done this and we are now within the State requirements.
- Walk through with our E-Rate consultant is scheduled for Jan 16th. We will need a place for him to stay the night. Pam will look into some place for him to stay. Diane asked if someone from the board could be here for the walk through. This will be better than second hand information and they could ask any questions they might have. All proposals to date have been forwarded to Todd.
- The window for candidates for the 2019 Trustee Election to submit their Declaration of Intent and Oath of Candidacy opened December 13th. We have two seats that are open, one (1) three (3) year seat and a one (1) year seat. Diane presented the needed documents to Pam and Sandy so they can be on the ballot if they so choose. Declaration submission window closes March 28, 2019. Clerk presented 2019 election calendar.
- Pam stated that teacher interview went well. The board is finalizing their decision.
Clerk’s Report, Financials & Expenditures:
- Diane asked if December P/R can be processed Thursday the 20th. All staff will be done working for the month and Diane would like to get a head start on processing the end of year P/R duties over the winter break. Board approved.
- October financials balanced with the Treasurer’s Office were reviewed. Sandy moved that the October financials be accepted as presented, Trish seconded and Pam concurred.
- November balances from the Treasurer’s office are not available yet, we will review balanced financials at the next meeting.
- Reviewed December expenditures to date.
- School’s expenditure budget was reviewed. Clerk fielded questions. Clerk advised that all library books purchased this year to date have been purchased from funds donated through the Friends of the Yaak School Library campaign. This leaves budgeted funds from the general fund for the library to be used for other needs. A review of Fund 115 PRC spread sheet and grant spread sheets was done.
- It was brought to the board’s attention that the vision and dental portion of our insurance benefit for Rose was not setup as requested at our renewal. Diane has spoken with Judy at Payne West Insurance and she is looking into it.
Clean updated copies of last month’s reviewed policies were presented to the board for placement in their policy books and an updated 2000 series table of contents. Policy numbers 2413, 2450, and 2510 were reviewed and needed no changes. Clerk will update review history and print board new copies.
Next Regular Meeting: January 23, 2019 @ 3:30 p.m.
Meeting was adjourned at 10:50 a.m.